Appen Media takes home 16 awards from Georgia Press
Appen Media Group recently took home 16 awards from the Georgia Press Association’s annual contest.
More than 80 newspapers were competing for awards in 46 categories, including ads, editorial content, special sections, photography and self-promotion.
Appen Media again took home a slew of awards including 6 first place, 6 second place and 4 third place. Appen received third place for general excellence in its category, weekly papers with a circulation of more than 15,000.
“It’s an honor for our team to be recognized as one of the best newspapers in the state by Georgia Press Association,” General Manager Hans Appen said. “Our staff works incredibly hard and I am proud of the work they do.
Senior Designer of Ad Development David Brown made a strong showing with 5 awards, including 4 first-place awards.
Roswell Reporter Julia Grochowski also took home five awards, including first place for breaking news writing.
General Excellence: 3rd Place
• 1st Place Breaking News Writing
• 2nd Place Local News Coverage
• 2nd Place News Photograph
• 3rd Place Business Writing
• 3rd Place Humorous Column
• 1st Place Serious Column
• 2nd Place Sports Photograph
• 3rd Place Investigative Reporting
• 2nd Place Investigative Reporting
• 2nd Place Multimedia Journalism
• 1st Place Real Estate
• 1st Motor Vehicle
• 1st Place Food
• 1st Newspaper Promotion
• 2nd Place Home Furnishings